About Uttaranchal University
The University came into establishment in 2013, vide Uttaranchal University Act, 2012 as a Private University and is in Dehradun, the Capital city of the Indian state of Uttarakhand. The Uttaranchal University has been recognized by the University Grants Commission, Government of India under Section 2(f) and 12(B) of the UGC Act, 1956 and other statutory bodies of the State and the nation. The University has been accredited with the prestigious A+ Grade (CGPA of 3.30 on a 4-point scale) by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council. Uttaranchal University has been the first University in the State of Uttarakhand to receive “NAAC A+” Grade in the first cycle of Accreditation for we support our students on Curricular Aspects, Teaching-learning processes, Research, Innovations & Extension, Infrastructure and learning resources, Student Support and Progression, besides a plethora of societal outreach activities and events in alignment being a philanthropist. The University is looking forward to implementing Industry 4.0 in different domains of studies including Law, Engineering, Computing Sciences, Management, Humanities & Liberal Arts, Applied & Life Sciences, Agriculture, Pharmacy, Hotel and Hospitality Management, Journalism & Mass Communication, Nursing and allied Health Sciences.
About LAW COLLEGE DEHRADUN
Law College Dehradun, as a flagship institution of Uttaranchal University was established in the year 2002, as the first independent Law College of Uttarakhand. The college was the visionary project of its founders along with their plenipotentiaries from across the academic spectrum. Within a short span of time, the college registered its reckoning presence, becoming one of the most sought-after destinations in the field of legal education. The college which was initially affiliated to Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal Central University became a top spot, producing a series of Judges, JAGs, Entrepreneurs, and university merit holders. As luck would have it, Law College Dehradun reached its practical zenith through their merger in the form of Uttaranchal University in 2013 with the passing of Uttaranchal University Act, 2012. College inhabiting more than 2000 students on its roll is in fact reflective of Indian Diaspora as its composition resonates the voices of almost all the states of India. The college as a lex matrix and an institutional paragon provides complete legal education under the single roof which includes five-year BA. LL.B. (Hons.) and BBA.LL.B. (Hons.), LL.B. (Hons.), LL.M. & Doctoral programme in law.
About Conference : InnoSustain-2023
Law College Dehradun, faculty of Uttaranchal University is hosting a two-day National Conference on “InnoSustain 2023: Pursuit for Sustainable Development Goals”. The core agenda of sustainable development is an approach for development that looks to balance different and often competing, needs against an awareness of the environmental, social, and economic limitations we face as a society. Sustainable development is paving the way to conserve and enhance natural resources by replacing the manner of development and the use of technology. The conference intends to provide a forum for academicians and researchers from various disciplines who are working towards making our planet sustainable. This forum will provide a platform for researchers, academicians, and students to showcase their innovative and intellectual property, explain and share their innovative practices, knowledge, and initiatives toward sustainable development goals. The conference is focused to address R&D challenges related to specific stages of the innovation in sustainability and, undertaking joint/collaborative activities leading to R&D, institutional capacity building, and entrepreneurship development. The Conference is scheduled for 2 days and distributed in 06 scientific sessions during which 6 overarching themes will be discussed. Further 4-6 parallel sessions will discuss the subthemes in depth.
Objective of the Conference:
- To find the pathways for achieving Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through IPR and various academic disciplines and serve as a driver for stimulating the appropriate actions with the help of academicians, researchers, industries expert and students from different disciplines.
- To bridge the gap between realms of sustainable development and intellectual property.
- To discuss through an inclusive dialogue which address the role of IPRs in sustainable development both in terms of promoting innovation and providing access to the fruits of such innovation.
- To bring together a diversity of views and stakeholders that could help foster a broader approach to IP in the sustainable development context.
Themes & Subthemes (but not limited to)
Use of IPR in achieving SDGs (Industry, Innovation and infrastructure)
- Intellectual property such as Copyright, Geographical Indications, Industrial Designs, Patents, Trademark and Trade Secrets for achieving SDG.
- Sustained economic growth via innovation and entrepreneurship.
SDGs in different Legal dimensions (Gender Equality, Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions, Reduced Inequalities)
- Legal framework for achieving SDG.
- Collaborations for universal and affordable health care services including equal opportunities for transgender persons.
Use of IP & technology in achieving SDGs (Affordable and Clean Energy, Climate Actions)
- Encourage and enhance capacity building through science and technology at the regional, national, and international levels.
- Renewable energy and supply prospects.
Achieving SDGs through IP in Applied Sciences and Humanities (Life on Land, Life Below Water, No Poverty, Zero Hunger, Quality Education, Good Health & Well Being)
- Green economy and sustainable development in poverty eradication and eradicating hunger.
- Inclusive and equitable quality education.
Research and innovation practices for achieving SDGs
- Environmental consciousness in dealing with climate change and biodiversity.
- Sustainable food production and resilient agricultural productions.
Guidelines & Paper Publication
- The contributors should follow the standard norm for paper contribution. Original manuscript not exceeding length of 4000 words (including tables/ figures/ images) or maximum 10 pages. Normal margin setting must be used.
- Abstract should be of maximum 200 words. Manuscript must be formatted in Times New Roman font style in 10-point font size, justified with single line spacing on MS Word.
- Full name(s), designation, affiliation of the author(s), Contact No. & E-mail IDs must be provided in the cover letter. In the covering letter accompanying the manuscript, the contributors should certify that the manuscript has neither been published anywhere nor is it at present being considered anywhere for publication.
- APA style of citation and referencing must be followed.
All the accepted manuscript will be published in ISBN book. Selected articles duly approved by editorial team will be published in UGC-CARE journal (Dehradun Law Review Special Issue).
Nominal article publishing charges will be taken by the authors after the intimation of acceptance of their research article in UGC-CARE journal (Dehradun Law Review Special Issue).
Submit your paper through Easy Chair only -Click here to Submit Paper
Payment can be made by one of the following methods as mentioned below, delegates are requested to save the payment receipt for uploading in online registration form.
Upon receipt of online registration form and payment confirmation, a confirmation mail will be sent on author’s registered email id.
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
Amount paid towards registration will neither be refundable nor transferable.
|Account Details||QR Code|
|Category of Delegate/Author for paper presentation)||Registration fees|
|Academician (Paper presentation)||INR 1000|
|Industry Professional (Paper presentation)||INR 1500|
|Research Scholar & Students (Paper presentation)||INR 800|
|Participation only||INR 500|
- Accommodation may be available on request and extra charges.
- No TA/DA will be provided for attending the conference.
- Registration is mandatory for online presentation also.
Dates to Remember:
Last date for registration and submission of papers : 15th August, 2023
Notification of acceptance : 30th August, 2023
Dates of Conference : 22-23 September, 2023Download Brochure
Sh. Jitendra Joshi
Dr. S.S. Sehgal
Prof. Dharam Buddhi
Dr. Nishtha Jaswal
Himanchal Pradesh National Law University
Dr. D.P. Uniyal
Prof. B.N. Pandey
Former Professor, Faculty of Law
Banaras Hindu University
Prof. Harbansh Dixit
Former Member, U.P.H.E.C
Dean, College of Legal Studies
T.M.U., Moradabad, U.P.
Dr. Priti Saxena
Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar
Central University, Lucknow
Dr. S.D. Sharma
Prof. M.Z.M. Nomani
Dean, Faculty of Law
Aligarh Muslim University
Prof. Raghuvinder Singh
Department of Laws
Himachal Pradesh University
Dr. Prafulla Soni (Retd.)
Forest Research Institute (FRI)
Dr. Hemwati Nandan
HNB Garhwal University
Dr. Lal Singh
Prof. Rajesh Bahuguna
Pro. Vice Chancellor
Uttaranchal University & Dean, L.C.D.
Prof. Poonam Rawat
Dr. Shikha Uniyal Gairola
|1||Dr. Rajesh Bahuguna|
|2||Dr. Poonam Rawat|
|3||Dr. Shikha Uniyal Gairola|
|4||Dr. V. Bhuvaneshwari|
|5||Dr. R. S. Jha|
|6||Dr. Vaibhav Uniyal|
|7||Mr. Amit Kumar|
|1||Dr. Kshama Gupta, Scientist/Engineer – SF, Indian Institute of Remote Sensing, Dehradun.|
|2||Dr. Sushma Gairola, Scientist/ Engineer- SC, Uttarakhand Space Application Centre, Dehradun.|
|3||Dr. Neelam Rawat, Scientist, Uttarakhand Space Application Centre, Dehradun.|
|4||Dr. Vikas Jakhmola, Dean, Uttaranchal Institute of Pharmaceutical Studies, Uttaranchal University Dehradun.|
|5||Dr.Tillotma Singh, Head, Uttaranchal Institute of Management, Uttaranchal University, Dehradun.|
|6||Mr. Kumar Ashutosh, Assistant Professor, Law College Dehradun, Uttaranchal University Dehradun.|
|7||Dr. Anjum Parvez, Associate Professor, Law College Dehradun, Uttaranchal University Dehradun.|
|8||Mr. Pramod Tiwari, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Law, Delhi University.|
|9||Dr. L. S. Rawat, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Law, Banaras Hindu University.|
|10||Dr. Lakshmipriya Vinjamuri, Associate Professor, Law College Dehradun, Uttaranchal University Dehradun.|
|11||Dr. Bhawna Arora, Associate Professor, Law College Dehradun, Uttaranchal University Dehradun.|
|12||Dr. Kapil Joshi, Assistant Professor, Uttaranchal Institute of Technology, Uttaranchal University Dehradun.|
|13||Dr. Kuljit Singh, Assistant Professor, Law College Dehradun, Uttaranchal University Dehradun.|
|14||Dr. Vaibhav Uniyal, Assistant Professor, Law College Dehradun, Uttaranchal University Dehradun.|
|15||Dr. Vibha Verma, Assistant Professor, Law College Dehradun, Uttaranchal University Dehradun.|
|16||Mr. Hitesh Bhatt, Assistant Law Officer, National Thermal Power Corporation.|